DECEMBER 2016 PUBLIC MEETING
Join project sponsors to learn about a major drainageway planning study Grange Hall Creek and tributaries. This is a stormwater drainage master plan and floodplain delineation study.
Thursday, December 15, 2016
6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Margaret W. Carpenter Recreation Center – Community Room
11151 Colorado Boulevard, Thornton
Please note that postcards sent out for the meeting incorrectly listed the weekday of the meeting. The meeting will be held on Thursday, December 15.
The Urban Drainage and Flood Control District maintains Major Drainageway Planning Studies and Flood Hazard Area Delineations within the District to provide a basis for basin-wide planning and floodplain management.
The purpose of the study is to provide hydrologic analysis, alternatives assessment, updated hydraulics and floodplain analysis.
The limits of the study are roughly bound on the west by Federal Boulevard, on the north by 120th Ave, on the south by the Thornton Parkway / 96th Avenue, and on the east by the South Platte River. Click here for a Map of the Grange Hall Creek Study limits.
The project area is roughly 9 sq. mi. and the majority of the project area is developed urban residential and commercial areas with some open space throughout the watershed.
- Identify existing flooding and drainage problems within the study area.
- Obtain input from the public, stakeholders, and the project sponsors to develop feasible drainage solutions.
- Pinpoint the needed stormwater conveyance, detention, stream stability, and stormwater quality improvement measures.
- Delineate the 100-year flood hazard area for Grange Hall Creek.
- Prepare an Alternatives Evaluation report, Conceptual Preliminary Design report, and a Flood Hazard Area Delineation report.
The project is funded through the combined efforts of the following entities:
RESPEC Consulting was selected to perform the Major Drainageway Study and Flood Hazard Area Delineation services for Grange Hall Creek. For more information about RESPEC, please visit their website at www.respec.com.
Please direct comments or questions to:
David Delagarza, P.E.